Battle of the Books
6th Graders meet Thursdays during Advisory in the library.
7th & 8th Graders meet Fridays during Advisory in the library.
The Battle of the Books is an optional reading club that will meet weekly, culminating in a quiz-show style competition to see which team has read most widely and remembers the most details. This program encourages students to read for comprehension while nurturing an enthusiasm and love for reading. Students who participate will be expected to read several books from a list of titles, attend weekly lunchtime meetings in the library, and participate in the final competition. Participants will receive a T-shirt and all the honor and glory befitting them.
The school’s winning teams will go on to compete against teams from other middle schools in an evening competition in April.
Regular meeting schedule:
- 6th Grade: Thursdays in Advisory
- 7th & 8th Grade: Fridays in Advisory
The BoB List for 2018-2019!
- The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater
- Amina's Voice by Hena Khan
- Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
- The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
- The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande
- Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
- The Inquisitor's Tale by Adam Gidwitz
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- Ms. Bixby's Last Day by John David Anderson
- Murder On the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
- Refugee by Alan Gratz
- Temple Grandin by Sy Montgomery
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin
- Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk